Join our CAST in this family-friendly, non-musical adaptation of William Shakespeare’s beloved comedy As You Like It.
Young Rosalind and Orlando both have been banished from town and lost their fortunes. Through a series of mishaps and one disguise gone awry, their family and friends help the couple find true happiness in the mysterious—and often hilarious—Forest of Arden!
Participants will work on both performance and technical theatre (props, sets, costumes, and more), make friends, develop confidence, and have a great time!
DatesJuly 8-12, 2019
Registration DeadlineJune 28, 2019
Camp ScheduleMonday-Thursday: 9:30am-2:30pm (lunch break 12-12:30) at Octorara Ballet School, 24 Route 41, Gap, PA
Friday: 1:30-6pm (snack break approximately 4:30-5pm)at Chestnut Church, 742 S. Vintage Rd, Christiana, PA
Showtime: Friday, 6pm, with cast party/family picnic to follow at Chestnut Church, 742 S. Vintage Rd, Christiana, PA
AuditionsEvery camper will have a part, but we will have auditions before camp begins. Please prepare a joke or riddle to tell at your audition. You also will be asked to read dialogue with other actors. Upon registration, you will be sent a link to schedule your audition appointment in one of the following times: July 1 from 6:30-7:30pm or July 2 from 10-11am. If you are unavailable for either of these times, please contact Miss Erin to make other arrangements. Auditions will be held at the Gap Studio.
What To Bring
- Water bottle labeled with actor’s name
- Weather-friendly clothes for outside times ; your clothes may get messy with set paint, so dress accordingly!
- A functioning pencil with a functional eraser
- Socks for wearing in the studio (ballet or other dance shoes are also acceptable but not required)
- Monday-Thursday: a nut-free lunch (one of our instructors is highly allergic)
- Friday: a nut-free snack
- Phones and other personal electronic devices may be brought but will be kept outside of the studio during rehearsal times. In an emergency, a parent may contact Miss Erin at 215-760-5583.
Parents are welcome to visit and observe but will be asked to stay outside the rehearsal space.